You are here
Team leader HSE
Experienced Team leader HSE
European Leader in the petrol forecourt retail sector
About Our Client
European lead in the petrol forecourt retail sector.
As a Team leader HSE you will be the focal point for the development, integration and the continuous improvement of the HSE policies and practices into the daily Benelux operations.
Your responsibilities include:
Ensuring that all occupational Health, Environmental and (Food)Safety legislation is adhered and policies and practices are developed and adopted. You will help to plan, implement, monitor, and review the protective and preventive measures that are required or chosen to follow, and work to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and guidelines.
You will therefore:
- Lead the BNL HSE team to support the organisation in operating their business in a safe, healthy and environment friendly way by implementing and ensuring effective application of safety procedures and guidelines.
-Give advice and support to the business in HSE related aspects by creating a clear framework to deploy and adapted activities in a compliant way.
- Enhance contractor safety by implementing procedures for the effective control of contractors while working on their sites/ installations to prevent and/ or minimise incidents on their sites.
- Ensure the organisation is in line with legislation (Compliance Management) by operating the network in compliance with the required regulations.
- Promote the HSE awareness within the company (e.g. gives HSE trainings to all site managers, develop and perform additional training needs, act as a liaison with the National Industry Association for HSE/ food related issues,..)
- Investigate incidents (Root Cause Analysis)/ lessons learned and prevent new incidents form occurring.
- Prevent and mitigate the effects in case of an emergency situation. (e.g. develop emergency/ evacuation plans, advise in life emergency exercises,..)
- You will report to the HESS Manager Europe.
The Successful Applicant
You have a Bachelor or Master degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in a Teamleader HSE role (or similar) with first people management experience.
- You have a Safety Certification Prevention Advisor Level 1 or 2 (Belgium or MVK/ HVK (the Netherlands).
- You are fluent in Dutch English and French.
- You are a strong communicator and influencer, able to change the cultural awareness towards HSE.
- You gained a proven track record in Project Management.
- You respect and meet deadlines within the right time and scope to assure delivery is secured.
- You have strong analytic skills and are a skilled user of the MS Office applications.
- You have great leadership and coaching skills and you can create buy-in on all different levels.
- You are willing to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- The job is semi-field based, so you will work 2 days per week from the HQ in Breda. The rest of your time you will be working on their sites, stations and locations in the Benelux.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a challenging role within a growing, dynamic, international environment and offers you several interesting growth opportunities, a state of the art salary package including extra-legal benefits, car, and flexible working hours.